CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday 27 June 2008

Just Keeping My Options Open..Teen Mum-Cream Or No Cream?

I recently read an article in The Daily Telegraph where surprisingly once again teen mum has been represented negatively within the Media. Wow. This is because she left her 5 year old in the boiling spanish sun for 10 hours. Which is ridiculous if you ask me. The little boy suffered serious sunburna nd had to be later submitted to hospital.

''According to locals, at around 10am the woman went to work at the top of the beach for five hours, but failed to collect her child when she finished her shift.''

It simply shows how careless young teen mums can be towards their young children. But I strongly believe that Media portrays teen mums in a bad light for the reason that if this happened to a mature mum, which was at least 25, then the article would not be published. Concluding, it is obvious that papers publish stories that stereotype people, which is very wrong.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You must not make calims like " if this happened to a mature mum, which was at least 25, then the article would not be published". This is Critical research- Where is your evidence?

dw
-What is your topic?

Anonymous said...

I am not making a claim. I believe that I am just expressing my opnion..Or is that wrong?..AndIi have finally came to a decision to study teen mums as my critical research topic.