CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday 18 June 2008

Teens Tell Al About The Media

I feel that am mature enough to make my own choices. Television is just entertainment--nothing is going to change my views and the way I act.
1
When you see teenagers on television messing around all the time and having sex, you forget what a healthy relationship is like
.2
Just because two television personalities are having sex doesn't mean that I have to or want to for that matter.

3
The first thing a guy points out is that stars in the movies don't have to wear a condom.
4
Some television shows are able to portray teen life in a realistic manner. A show like Dawson's Creek is intriguing to us because it shows what being a teenager is all about. We are faced with life, love and relationship decisions everyday. A situation like finally realizing that you've been in love with your best friend your whole life does happen. And deciding whether your ready to have sex is a real life issue. Sometimes seeing things on TV contributes to our own life decisions.
5
T.V. reinforces the 'it could never happen to me' illusion.
6
At eighteen, I am mature enough to realize that what I see on television isn't real, and that the choices characters make on T.V. aren't always the best choices for me in my life. Younger children though, may not be able to discern 'T.V.-land' from reality.
7
T.V. makes kids think that having sex before marriage is something that everybody does, and is the right thing.
8
Television portrays teenage girls as always being thin, beautiful, and sexual.
9
It makes you believe that you won't get pregnant or STDs because no one on television does.
10
I think it is stupid to blame T.V. for everything. There comes a time when people need to take responsibility for their actions. When it comes down to it, you have no choice but to look back and say 'Hey, that was my action and I knew what was wrong and what was right and I made my decision, no one else.'
11
We're [teens] not angels, but we're not as bad as we're being portrayed [in the media].
12
The media does have an impact on your life, regardless of what you say. You're going to make your own choice, but media makes it easier for you and makes you put aside your family values. You see teenage shows and people have sex on the show. It's easier for that person to go and have sex and feel more comfortable.
13[Sex has] always been there. It's always been there, since like our parents were young. It's just that now that the media is more comfortable showing it, now it's a more open issue.
14
Parents don't want to take the blame for it. They say it's the TV.
15

[Sex has] always been there. It's always been there, since like our parents were young. It's just that now that the media is more comfortable showing it, now it's a more open issue.14
Parents don't want to take the blame for it. They say it's the TV.15

0 comments: